I will teach you today, how our family saves $10,000 a year!
Are you ready to save some money? Here are a few ways our family saves about $10,000 a year!
1. We make breakfast at home.
It is so enticing to hit up the drive through for breakfast because there just isn’t any time. But we began meal-prepping breakfast at home.
Every Sunday Shelly makes a breakfast frittata. It’s basically eggs, diced potatoes and onions. It costs a little less than $1.75 per day to make a nutritious breakfast at home! Saving us $17.50 a week or $910 a year.
2. We pack our lunch’s.
This saves us about $40 a week (or more!) or $2,080 a year. And we are wasting less food.
3. Remove credit cards.
4. We negotiate our bills.
5. We started driving less.
That means we stay home more, but we find lots of ways to entertain ourselves and save about $2,230 a year.
6. We started buying our meat in bulk.
We were able to get boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.89/lb. per pound from Zaycon and 92% lean ground beef for $3.99 a pound. I am not sure on the actual math on what this will save us. But here is a rough analysis of some expenditure.
- Chicken: 40 lb case for $1.79/lb. Grocery prices: $3.39/lb
- Ground Beef 93/7: 40 lb cases for $3.79/lb. Grocery prices: $4.29/lb
- Hickory Smoked Bacon: 2, 15 lb cases for $2.99/lb. Grocery prices: $4.81/lb
- Salmon Filets: 25 lb cases for $7.99/lb. Grocery prices: $8.99/lb
- Cod Filets: 20 lb case for $5.29/lb. Grocery prices: $6.99/lb
7. We cut out our cable plan.
8. We cut the club.
In total, that’s over $10,000 a year! Just by making small and simple choices to eliminate the small things.
What about you? What are some ways you cut out the little expenses?